- Very much ‘Ade’s Day’ at Rotary conference
- Swim Relay Event for Children in Need – Register Your Team Now!
- Rotary GO Phase 3 Comes to District 1120!
- “Let’s do this again!” Much pleasure at RC Sidcup’s Special Needs Bowls Day
- August is Membership Month!
- My Rotary – yes it is for you too!
- Rotary Global Rewards
- District 1120’s 1st Corporate Member Announced!!
- Hette Stainer – If you took a ‘selfie’ of District 1120 what would it show?
- What’s This? Rotary Central? Never heard of him….. You have now!
- Rotary’s Best Kept Secret
- Rotary Civic Awards
- Thank you Sevenoaks – not modish or ‘trendy’, but you are what this District is about
- Polio Eradication Update
- Indore – ‘Calmed’s target for 2015, not a pretty city, but glad to be chosen!
- If you were waiting for ‘Rotary Day’….. Sorry, You’ve missed it!
- Santa plays cupid in his grotto – Maidstone Rotarian Roger Hext has seen it all!
- Does ‘Rotary’ always have to be about food? Senlac honour the haggis – and their stomachs!
- Will the real Devin D. Thorpe please stand up?
- Have you brought the chequie my little turtle-dove? Folkestone have!
- No! Not a Futuristic Dystopia with funny suits! It’s RC Ashford and ‘Children in Need’
- calmed in action 3 – And Kalyan Banerjee Past RI President, is the Cherry on the Cake!
- ‘calmed in action’ 2 – The Class of 2014 on Parade, at the ‘Angel of Bhuj’
- ‘calmed’ in action’ – thirty Master Trainers, and they are all very motivated
- Hi people meet Harry, Rotakids Pres. for D 1120’s second Rotakids Club…. and he’s got a lot to say!
Category Archives: Rotary Club of Eastbourne
‘Showcase’ is the name of the Rotary Awareness event held in the Arndale Centre Eastbourne on Saturday 25th February and Wednesday 29th February. On Wednesday, the display and Presidents of all the clubs represented were visited by the U.K. Rotary President Ray Burman, and District 1120 Governor Lynn Mitchell.
The Showcase event was an opportunity for the twelve Rotary clubs in the area to show what achievements they had made in the last year, and to continue the ‘#End Polio Now’ campaign which has raised over 200 million dollars worldwide in the last four years.
The twelve clubs from Hastings to Eastbourne, and including Battle, Heathfield and Hailsham have over 350 members and are involved in both local and overseas fund-raising and charitable projects, which were clearly illustrated.
Also on show was a ‘Shelterbox’ tent and equipment. This is a British Rotary initiative to supply accommodation for disaster victims, which is strongly supported by clubs in the Sussex area.
During the two days, members of the public talked to Rotarians about their voluntary work, and contributed to the fund raising appeal.
(Presidents in the line-up were: Lloyd Hammer, Battle; Michael Garner, Beachy Head; Simon Dodds, Eastbourne; Hilary Lewis, Eastbourne a.m.; John Cheeseman, Eastbourne Sovereign; David Ashdown, Hailsham; Brion Purdey, Hastings; Trevor Goldsmith, Heathfield; Tony Leslie, St. Leonards; Robin Poll, Senlac; Peter Thomas, Sovereign Harbour, Liz Wilton, Area Governor)
FH – 2.3.12